It has been 3 years of expat life in Dubai! Although I would have loved to be a regular on my blog I could not, as I was adjusting to a new life and a whole new world of responsibilities!
So blogging took a backseat and I’m not going to promise that I shall be regular at it but I will try again:-)
This is inspired from the “25 not so random things about me”! Over the last few years in my transition from a protected only-child to a wife balancing work and home, I’ve developed a few quirks (‘MDH’ a.k.a. ‘My Dear Husband ’ almost treats them as my OCDs). Anyone who empathizes or sees any similarity is free to take up this tag “20 random quirks” and pass it around
1. I cannot stand a dirty kitchen and a sink with overflowing to-be-washed vessels. I need to clean it up before I sleep every single night, even if it takes me 11.00, 12.00 or 1.00 in the night!
2. My tolerance levels for dishelved wardrobe lasts for 5 days max, it needs to be set in order on the weekend, before the next work-week begins.
3. I hate grocery shopping, if you ask me how the prices of onions or tomatoes or potatoes or any other vegetables compare in Dubai to that in Mumbai I do not know and I do not care
4. I thank the creator of “Home Delivery”. Only after coming to Dubai did I realize that lemons and coriander could be home delivered for as minimum as an amount of AED 1/-
5. I dread cleaning up non-veg stuff a la fish, prawns, meat but the time I enjoy in my kitchen is when I cook these non-veg dishes
6. I get absolutely bored cooking any vegetarian meals, snacks work fine!
7. I hate giving my clothes for ironing to the laundry. I have to iron them and I’ve often re-ironed them even though they had come back from the laundry.
8. I have switched off from tech gadgets like mobile phones, playstations, blackberry etc. I use them for their basic functionalities alone!
9. Everytime I redo my wardrobe I find piles of my favorite clothes I’ve grown out of; I stack them in a bag to give them away someday, I still haven’t!
10. I often store important items in a “safe” place and can never remember it at the time I need them the most!
11. I used to hate it when mom nagged me on my room being unkempt, I now repeat the exact same words to MDH and he hates it!
12. I was extremely fussy about my eating habits and mom hoped it would change when I would have to cook for myself; it has now worsened since I get to decide what to cook and how to cook
13. Cooking and driving are now my stress relievers though I’m thankful I do not need them everyday
14. I miss the public transport system miserably (even though I have my own car). To realize the importance of public transport, try staying in Mumbai and London and then shift to Dubai; it feels like someone chopped off your legs!
15. Offices in Dubai commence at 7.30 -8.00 a.m – that’s too early for me 🙁
16. I’ve become an avid movie viewer but old habits die hard and I still have to read the review before I go for one.
17. My family thought I will not be able to manage cooking for even one person(considering I never cooked at home!), now I do it with ease for 15-20 people single-handedly
18. They tell me that the first scratch on your car hurts the most , but every scratch on my car small or big still hurts equally
19. I don’t mind the shopping, it’s the part of making place for the new things that irritates me the most
20. I hate staying alone, I dread the days when MDH goes off on his business trips!
@sujatha: Thanks, Now I’m waiting for yours…would be interesting I’m sure:-)
lovely to know you a little bit more, minal!
@freud: now u realise?? and why are you not updating yours…don’t become like me in this aspect:-) suggest me some books to read…
I’m completely stumped to realize how similar we both are! No wonder we are friends!