As much I want to write a post a day I am not able to find the time:-( When your mind is blank and wondering what to write on, I come across little saviours – Tags! As the brains are not working, these interesting bits zooming past in the blog world help you get out of your hibernation and stagnation!
Saw this interesting tag on IHM, Starry and Suranga’s blogs and had to take it up!
So here are the 10 things I have done which my gender is not supposed to.
1. The first one I guess is obvious – my first love – CRICKET! ‘Hell you do know the game, so you understand what a square cut is, you can actually identify the fielding positions, you can differentiate between spin and swing?’ And on this blog many a times – “Did not know a girl /lady was writing on cricket!” I can challenge, argue and beat most guys when it comes to the knowledge of this game. Yeah modesty on this front is not exactly my forte;-)
The one person who has benefitted the most – MDH. There is never an argument on what to watch on TV when a match is on!
2. I can fix electronic items well – I was an expert at mending VCRs as a kid. I can also change fuse bulbs and tubelights – did that often at home:-)
3. I can be a complete couch potato. I can watch TV for hours lying on my couch without feeling guilty or ashamed of having wasted my time.
4. I’ve rolled down the window of my car and hurled abuses at idiots who tried to act smart on the road – I landed up scaring my friends instead!
5. I can be extremely mean and sarcastic and always have a practical/logical view point to all things 🙂
6. I love going shopping ALONE.
7. I love superhero movies, cartoons and comics. X-Men, Batman, Superman, Star Trek , Heroes, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Transformers – all of them – love them all!
8. I love bikes, I love two-wheelers. I could never own one thanks to being in Mumbai. My parents were petrified of the traffic and I was not allowed to drive one! I made full use of my vacations in Pune – I loved going out on bike-rides!
9. I don’t blush easily – or rather not at all. My first kathak teacher once told my mom – she is a lovely dancer, very graceful but please teach her to blush or feel shy! How will she do the Radha-Krishna dance if she cannot express shyness. My Vahini( sis-in-law) on my engagement and wedding day, “Minu atleast now we need to see how you look when you blush”
10. My best friends from my engineering days are guys! They know me too well. We can talk nonsense – utter nonsense with each other – even today. When I need serious advice or solace I know I can trouble them at any time of the day. Post heart-breaks, post marriages, post kids – It amazes me how pure, simple, fun and honest our friendship remains till date.
Honestly I’m just feeling lazy to tag individuals, so will keep the tag open for everyone who reads this – do take it up!
nice post minal…loved the list!
4 was great! would love to see you in action sometime…
Been on your blog after long long time.
Nice to know so much more about you, and about your cricket knowledge, i think thats the one thing where u can put a lot of guys to shame! Being a gal i am so proud of u 🙂
So far what i have known of you, u r an extremely passionate lady and that passion is apparent in every thg you do! Ur cricket, ur blog, ur fb status messages!
And i can identify with your 2nd, 5th and 10th point!
oh yes yes.. I agree with first one itself.. I sometimes used to wonder what to comment on ur post which is mostly abt cricket 😛 and I hardly knw anything abt it 😀
Superhero movies and a love of cars and cricket make you a SAGS 🙂
LOL@ your immodesty (or is it confidence?) about cricket 🙂 Proud to met this cricketing SAGS 🙂
You are an absolute SAGS Minal 🙂 Join the face book group and pick your badge or else you will receive a ..err… a TV Remote and Beer Mug for your next twelve birthdays 🙂
I am with u on so many of them 🙂
My first love is sports – cricket, football and tennis 🙂
4 – That is so me too 🙂
I love going shopping alone too! In fact I love going out for a relaxing time alone, even for a movie or play. I can't understand women who feel insecure going out alone…only child syndrome?!!
Loved the list. I'm a couch potato too!